Azure Cloud Architect Learning Path
Cloud can be described in simple terms as the provision of software applications and databases, run on virtual servers managed by a provider, and accessed by multiple users using the Internet.
Microsft Azure is the second largest provider of cloud computing solutions, after AWS. There are reportedly around 0.5M customers worldwide, and a recent survey revealed that Azure has a slightly higher adoption rate amongst moderate and light cloud use customers.
In 2021, Microsoft featured in the the 'Leader' Quadrant in the Gartner 2021 Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure & Platform Services. Ahead of Google, but just behind AWS.
Who will benefit
This Azure Cloud Architect learning path, provided by our partner Simplilearn, is aimed at individuals who want to learn about Azure and/or cloud, including graduates and professionals in technical or non-technical jobs looking to develop new skills.
This programme will also benefit anyone working in these types of roles:
- Cloud Professionals
- DevOps Professionals
- Key Account Managers
- Cloud Programme analysts
- Service management analysts
Why sign up?
The Azure Cloud Architect course will help you to:
- Gain a solid understanding of cloud and Microsoft Azure platform concepts and terminology
- Advance your career prospects by learning skills and knowledge specific to Microsoft Azure
- Acquire knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud architecture and security measures
- Upskill, reskill or cross-skill in cloud – a highly in-demand skill globally
- Boost your employability prospects with organisations who partner with Microsoft Azure or with Microsoft Azure itself
“The learning platform is the best place to learn with tutorial videos, live classes, and live projects. The materials, content and questions are very relevant.”
Microsoft Azure is one of the leading global cloud infrastructure and platform providers.
This course will give you a solid grounding in Microsoft Azure, and will teach you the architectural principles and services of Azure. You will also learn how to design and deploy highly-scalable and fault-tolerant applications, enabling you to become an Azure cloud architect.
ILX Group, a leading global provider of project and programme management training, has partnered with Simplilearn – the world’s #1 online bootcamp and one of the world’s leading certification training providers – to offer this course.
- 8x higher interaction in live online classes conducted by industry experts
- High quality self-learning content
- 200 hours of instructor-led training
- 20+ in-demand tools and skills
Learners need to have a high school diploma or an undergraduate degree. Having a basic understanding of Azure development, Azure administration, or DevOps will be helpful.
- Learn the concepts of cloud computing in Azure, and Azure subscriptions
- Build and deploy databases in Azure
- Create and configure VMs in Microsoft Azure
- Manage subscriptions and governance
- Manage Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) objects
- Configure Azure files and Azure Blob Storage
- Manage secure access to virtual networks
- Design a data storage solution for relational databases
- Design cloud solutions for high availability
- Build and maintain network and application architecture
Azure Container Service
Azure Cosmos DB
Azure Resource Manager
Azure Security Center
Azure Storage Disk
Key learning outcomes
By the end of this learning path you will be able to:
- Understand the main principles of cloud computing and how they are implemented in Azure
- Manage billing, subscriptions, and role-based access control for Azure users and groups
- Implement configuration options and use cases for environments with Azure App Services
- Design an Azure App Service web app using Azure Powershell ,CLI, and other tools
- Manage identity and security for Azure solutions
Course completion criteria
Learners need to pass all the courses and meet the following requirements to get the Azure Cloud Architect Certificate:
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals: Complete 85% of OSL, No Project Criteria, Pass Assessment Test with a score of at least 70%
- Microsoft Azure Administrator: AZ-104: Attend 1 LVC batch with 80% completion OR Complete 85% of OSL, Pass a Project, No Test Criteria
- Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions: AZ-305: Attend 1 LVC batch with 80% completion OR Complete 85% of OSL, Pass a Project, No Test Criteria
- Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate: AZ:204: Attend 1 LVC with 80% completion batch OR Complete 85% of OSL, Pass a Project, No Test Criteria
Frequently asked questions
How is the learning path delivered?
For the Azure Cloud Architect learning path, you will also have access to live instructor-led virtual classes for the Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate AZ-104, and Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions AZ:305 courses. Over the course of your 12-month licence for this learning path, you will be able to join several of these virtual classes, so that you can revisit content as and when you need it. You will also have access to batch session recordings.
For how long will I have access to my learning path?
You will have 24/7 access for 12 months to all the self-paced e-learning content and the live instructor-led virtual classes. You can attend as many of the live virtual courses as are available to you in the 12 month period, and you also have 24/7 access to recordings of the live classes, which are available in the portal.
What are the technical requirements to access the e-learning portal?
The online learning portal can be accessed via all laptops and computers with an internet connection. It can also be accessed via tablets, although we would recommend downloading the Simplilearn app to access the portal via a mobile device. Preferred web browsers for the online learning portal are the latest versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Safari and Mozilla Firefox.
After I make my purchase, what are the next steps?
You will receive an email from ILX confirming your purchase and welcoming you to the Simplilearn learning pathway portal. The email will contain a link for you to set your password, and once completed, you will be prompted to sign in with your username and new password. From here, you will be able to click on the learning pathway that you have purchased, and it will automatically take you into the Simplilearn learning portal where you can start your course.
Is the cost of the exam included in the learning path?
No, the cost of the exam is not included in this learning path. However, you will receive Simplilearn course completion certificates once you meet the required criteria, detailed in the “About the programme” tab on this page.
How do I schedule my live class?
Login to the online learning portal and access the live class schedule. From there you will be able to book onto any courses that are available as part of your learning path. To access the live classes from a laptop or desktop, use Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari on Windows or macOS. To access the live classes from a mobile or tablet, ensure you have both the Simplilearn app and Cisco WebEx Meetings app installed, use the Simplilearn app to login, click on the ‘Live Classes’ and then on the ATTEND button. When using the Simplilearn app, you can enable the audio by clicking on the Calling icon and then clicking on Call Over Internet on the WebEx platform.
Who should I contact for assistance once I have purchased my learning path?
If you have a query regarding your purchase, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your query relates to the learning content or the online learning portal, please use the portal’s ‘Help & Support’ option in the top right corner of the screen.
Why Choose ILX Group?
graduates in Australia
in Australia since 2010