About the course
The main body of the course consists of ten sessions which cover the principles, approach, processes, embedding & reviewing and perspectives of the Management of Risk guidance. The course also looks at risk health checks, the Management of Risk maturity model and risk management specialisms.
The course takes approximately 12 hours to complete.
This course includes the following:
- 12 months online access to our accredited M_o_R Foundation learning
- The cost of the M_o_R Foundation examination (valid for 12 months from purchase date. Exam must be taken online via remote proctor)
- The official M_o_R manual (digital)
- M_o_R Foundation exam simulator
- The official M_o_R manual (hardcopy)
Digital official manual: You will be sent an email invitation within 48 hours of your purchase to register on the Peoplecert portal. Once registered you will be able to access the digital version of your manual.
Hardcopy official manual: If you decide to purchase the hardcopy official manual as an optional extra your manual will be shipped to your chosen address within 48 hours of purchase
- The purpose of the M_o_R Guide
- What is risk management and why is it important?
- Corporate governance and internal control
- Where and when should risk management be applied?
- Risk specialisms
- AXELOS best practice guidance
- An overview and introduction to the structure of M_o_R
- An introduction to the principles, approach, processes, embedding and reviewing, and perspectives contained in the Management of Risk guidance
- A detailed review of the 8 principles which underpin the M_o_R guidance
- A look at the set of documentation which support the M_o_R approach, including the Risk Management policy, process guide, strategies and so on.
- The 4 main M_o_R processes of Identify, Assess, Plan and Implement, along with the process inputs, outputs, goals, tasks and techniques involved.
Embedding & Reviewing M_o_R
- This session looks at changing organisational culture, measuring the value and how to overcome the common barriers associated with the implementation of Risk Management, along with establishing opportunities for change
- The M_o_R guidance describes the context of Risk Management from 4 different organisational perspectives. These are Strategic, Programme, Project and Operational and this session looks at each in some detail.
M_o_R Health Check & Maturity Model
- M_o_R’s Health check tool, its purpose, process and framework
- An introduction to the Management of Risk maturity model, its use, composition and the benefits
- A look at some of the risk specialisms, including the management of Business continuity, Incident and crisis, Health and safety, Security and Financial risk
M_o_R Foundation Exam Technique
- How to approach the M_o_R examination
M_o_R Examination Simulator
- Featuring sample questions in the style of the M_o_R examination and timed to assist your preparation
The course will be of benefit to all levels of management including:
- Corporate managers – responsible for corporate governance and the organisation’s overall exposure to risk
- Programme managers – responsible for risk relating to specific programmes
- Project managers – responsible for managing risk in projects
- Operational managers – responsible for risks that affect the on-going continuity of business services
- All other personnel who have an interest or responsibility for the Management of Risk within their organisation
Exams are taken online via remote proctor. You will be sent an email invitation within 48 hours of your purchase to register on the Peoplecert portal. Once registered you will be able to book your online exam at a date and time of your choice. You are responsible for booking your own exam. For more information about how to take your exam and the technical requirements, please click here.
- Multiple-choice exam
- 1 hour duration
- 75 questions (including five trial questions)
- 50% pass mark (35/70)
- Closed book
Welcome to ILX Group video links
Click on a video link below to find out more about ILX Group and
PRINCE2 training services.