AWS Cloud Architect Learning Path
Cloud can be described simply as the provision of software applications and databases that are run on virtual servers managed by external parties and accessed by multiple users via the Internet.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of the market leaders and provides cloud computing solutions to 1.45M businesses globally. AWS has over 200 products across categories including storage, networking and content delivery, analytics and machine learning.
In 2021, AWS was named as the Leader in the Gartner 2021 Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure & Platform Services.
Who will benefit
This AWS Cloud Architect learning path, provided by our partner Simplilearn, is aimed at individuals who want to learn about AWS and/or cloud, including graduates and professionals in technical or non-technical jobs looking to develop new skills.
This programme will also benefit anyone working in these types of roles:
- Chief Compliance Officers
- Chief Risk and Privacy Officers
- Cloud Professionals
- DevOps Professionals
- IS/IT Auditors/Consultants
- IT Compliance Managers
- IT Developers
- Security Heads/Directors
- Security Managers/Architects
- SysOps Administrators
Why sign up?
The AWS Cloud Architect learning path will help you to:
- Gain a solid understanding of cloud and AWS platform concepts and terminology
- Advance your career prospects by learning skills and knowledge specific to AWS
- Acquire knowledge of AWS cloud architecture and security measures
- Upskill, reskill or cross-skill in cloud - a highly in-demand skill globally
- Boost your employability prospects with organisations who partner with AWS or AWS itsel
“I am currently enrolled on the AWS Architect learning path. The platform offers a good range of self-learning videos, live classroom lectures, lots of practical assignments, and tests.”
Amazon Web Services (AWS) are one the leading global cloud infrastructure and platform providers.
This course will give you a solid foundation in AWS cloud architecture, and teach you skills that will enable you to design and deploy available, dynamically scalable, fault-tolerant and reliable applications.
ILX Group, a leading global provider of project and programme management training, has partnered with Simplilearn – the world’s #1 online boot camp and one of the world’s leading certification training providers – to offer this course.
- 8X higher interaction in live online classes conducted by industry experts
- High-quality self-learning content
- 90+ hours of instructor-led training
- 20+ in-demand tools and skills
- 12 months' access to self-paced videos and class recordings
Learners need to possess a high school diploma or an undergraduate degree. General IT knowledge or experience is also helpful.
- Differentiate AWS Storage options
- Deploy highly available and fault-tolerant systems
- Recognise AWS compute and networking options
- AWS operational best practices
- Overview of AWS DMS
- Ensure data integrity and security
- Deploy secure procedures for optimal cloud deployment
- Identify cloud security best practices
AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB)
Amazon Route 53
Amazon Elastic Block Storage
Key learning outcomes
By the end of this learning path you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform and ensure that you are fully proficient in AWS terminologies, concepts, benefits, and deployment options to meet your business requirements
- Implement AWS security and testing, and become an expert in AWS components such as S3, DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, and CloudFormation
- Get an overview of AWS DMS, AWS Schema Conversion Tool, and types of AWS Database Migration Service
- Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Select the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, database, or security requirements
Course completion criteria
Learners need to pass all the courses and meet the following requirements to get the AWS Cloud Architect Certificate:
AWS Technical Essentials: Complete 85% OSL, Pass a Project, Pass Assessment Test 60%
AWS Solutions Architect: Complete 85% OSL, Pass a Project, Pass Assessment Test 70%
Frequently asked questions
How is the learning path delivered?
This learning path is delivered in conjunction with our partner, Simplilearn. You will get access to self-paced e-learning content for all the courses included in the learning path. For the AWS Cloud Architect learning path, you will also have access to live instructor-led virtual classes for the AWS Solutions Architect course. Over the course of your 12-month licence for this learning path, you will be able to join several of these virtual classes, so that you can revisit content as and when you need it. You will also have access to batch session recordings.
For how long will I have access to my learning path?
You will have 24/7 access for 12 months to all the self-paced e-learning content and the live instructor-led virtual classes. You can attend as many of the live virtual courses as are available to you in the 12 month period, and you also have 24/7 access to recordings of the live classes, which are available in the portal.
What are the technical requirements to access the e-learning portal?
The online learning portal can be accessed via all laptops and computers with an internet connection. It can also be accessed via tablets, although we would recommend downloading the Simplilearn app to access the portal via a mobile device. Preferred web browsers for the online learning portal are the latest versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Safari and Mozilla Firefox.
After I make my purchase, what are the next steps?
You will receive an email from ILX confirming your purchase and welcoming you to the Simplilearn learning pathway portal. The email will contain a link for you to set your password, and once completed, you will be prompted to sign in with your username and new password. From here, you will be able to click on the learning pathway that you have purchased, and it will automatically take you into the Simplilearn learning portal where you can start your course.
Is the cost of the exam included in the learning path?
No, the cost of the exam is not included in this learning path. However, you will receive Simplilearn course completion certificates once you meet the required criteria, detailed in the “About the programme” tab on this page.
How do I schedule my live class?
Login to the online learning portal and access the live class schedule. From there you will be able to book onto any courses that are available as part of your learning path. To access the live classes from a laptop or desktop, use Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari on Windows or macOS. To access the live classes from a mobile or tablet, ensure you have both the Simplilearn app and Cisco WebEx Meetings app installed, use the Simplilearn app to login, click on the ‘Live Classes’ and then on the ATTEND button. When using the Simplilearn app, you can enable the audio by clicking on the Calling icon and then clicking on Call Over Internet on the WebEx platform.
Who should I contact for assistance once I have purchased my learning path?
If you have a query regarding your purchase, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your query relates to the learning content or the online learning portal, please use the portal’s ‘Help & Support’ option in the top right corner of the screen.
Why Choose ILX Group?
graduates in Australia
in Australia since 2010