Artificial Intelligence Engineer Learning Path
Artificial Intelligence (AI) was originally a philosophical concept or something featured in science fiction films, before researchers and scientists started looking into it in the 1950s.
Since then, AI has grown rapidly. For example, IBM's Deep Blue computer beat a chess world champion. In 2010, gaming was transformed when Microsoft developed Kinect for Xbox 360, which tracked body movements. And 2011 saw the beginning of virtual assistance tech after Siri was launched on Apple.
But the scope of AI is vast and it has mutliple uses for many industries, such as facial recognition, emails, social media, online banking, analysing and searching databases, navigation, the list could go on.
Without AI Engineers, this wouldn't be possible, as they create AI systems in line with human needs and mission outcomes.
Who will benefit
This AI Engineer learning path will benefit graduates looking to start their career in AI and machine learning.
This programme with also benefit anyone working in these types of roles:
- Analytics professionals
- Machine Learning Engineers
Why sign up?
Becoming an AI Engineer will help you to:
- Advance your career or expand your career prospects, in a field with skills gaps
- Learn the principles of systems engineering, software engineering, computer science, and human-centered design
- Be a pioneer in new and emerging technology development
- Increase organisational efficiency, profits and make better business decisions
- Learn deep learning and machine learning to enable computers to learn from experience
“All the courses are well structured and the trainers connect well with the students and answer questions.”
“I would give a 5-star rating for this course. I could understand the content easily through the online videos and the trainers assist with their enriched knowledge.”
“The industry-related projects were excellent and helped put into practice what we learnt in class.”
Learn the concepts of data science, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and machine and deep learning techniques with this learning path created by Simplilearn, in collaboration with IBM.
This programme will also teach you about the Python programming language, artificial neural networks, and the layers of data abstraction, so you can start your career as an AI Engineer.
ILX Group, a leading global provider of project and programme management training, has partnered with Simplilearn – the world’s #1 online bootcamp and one of the world’s leading certification training providers – to offer this course.
- 180 hours of applied learning
- 15+ real-life projects providing hands-on industry training
- Industry-recognised certificates from IBM (for IBM courses) and Simplilearn
- Portfolio-worthy capstone demonstrating mastered concepts
- Exclusive Hackathons and live interaction with IBM experts
To take this Artificial Intelligence Engineer learning path you should have a basic understanding of mathematics and knowledge in programming languages
- Data wrangling
- Data exploration
- Data visualisation
- Hypothesis building and testing
- Machine learning
- Deep learning
- Image processing an object detection
- Computer vision
- Python programming
Key learning outcomes
- Learn about the major applications of artificial intelligence across various fields like customer service, financial services, healthcare, etc.
- Implement classical artificial intelligence techniques such as search algorithms, neural networks, and tracking
- Gain the ability to apply artificial intelligence techniques for problem-solving and explain the limitations of current artificial intelligence techniques
- Master the skills and tools used by the most innovative artificial intelligence teams across the globe as you delve into specialisations and gain experience solving real-world challenges
- Design and build your own intelligent agents and apply them to create practical artificial intelligence projects including games, machine learning models, logic constraint satisfaction problems, knowledge-based systems, probabilistic models, agent decision-making functions, and more
- Understand the concepts of TensorFlow, including its main functions, operations, and the execution pipeline
- Understand and master the concepts and principles of machine learning, including its mathematical and heuristic aspects
- Master and comprehend advanced topics such as convolutional neural networks, recurrent neural networks, training deep networks, and high-level interfaces
- Learn to deploy deep learning models on Docker, Kubernetes, and in serverless environments (cloud)
- Understand the fundamentals of natural language processing using the most popular library — Python’s Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK)
Course completion criteria
Learners need to pass all the courses and meet the following requirements to get the Artificial Intelligence Engineer course completion certificate:
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence course: 85% of online self-paced completion and pass assessment test at 80%
- Applied Data Science with Python: 85% of online self-paced completion or attendance of 1 live virtual classroom, a score above 75% in course-end assessment, and successful evaluation in at least 1 project
- Machine Learning: 85% of online self-paced completion or attendance of 1 live virtual classroom and successful evaluation in at least 1 project
- Deep Learning with Keras and TensorFlow: attend 1 live virtual classroom and successful evaluation in at least 1 project and score 70% for course-end assessment.
- AI Capstone Project: attendance of 1 live virtual classroom and successful completion of the capstone project
Frequently asked questions
How is the learning path delivered?
For the Artificial Intelligence Engineer learning path, you will also have access to live instructor-led virtual classes for the Applied Data Science with Python, Deep Learning with Keras and TensorFlow, and AI Capstone Project courses. Over the course of your 12-month licence for this learning path, you will be able to join several of these virtual classes, so that you can revisit content as and when you need it. You will also have access to batch session recordings.
For how long will I have access to my learning path?
You will have 24/7 access for 12 months to all the self-paced e-learning content and the live instructor-led virtual classes. You can attend as many of the live virtual courses as are available to you in the 12 month period, and you also have 24/7 access to recordings of the live classes, which are available in the portal.
What are the technical requirements to access the e-learning portal?
The online learning portal can be accessed via all laptops and computers with an internet connection. It can also be accessed via tablets, although we would recommend downloading the Simplilearn app to access the portal via a mobile device. Preferred web browsers for the online learning portal are the latest versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Safari and Mozilla Firefox.
After I make my purchase, what are the next steps?
You will receive an email from ILX confirming your purchase and welcoming you to the Simplilearn learning pathway portal. The email will contain a link for you to set your password, and once completed, you will be prompted to sign in with your username and new password. From here, you will be able to click on the learning pathway that you have purchased, and it will automatically take you into the Simplilearn learning portal where you can start your course.
Is the cost of the exam included in the learning path?
No, the cost of the exam is not included in this learning path. However, you will receive Simplilearn course completion certificates once you meet the required criteria, detailed in the “About the programme” tab on this page.
How do I schedule my live class?
Login to the online learning portal and access the live class schedule. From there you will be able to book onto any courses that are available as part of your learning path. To access the live classes from a laptop or desktop, use Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari on Windows or macOS. To access the live classes from a mobile or tablet, ensure you have both the Simplilearn app and Cisco WebEx Meetings app installed, use the Simplilearn app to login, click on the ‘Live Classes’ and then on the ATTEND button. When using the Simplilearn app, you can enable the audio by clicking on the Calling icon and then clicking on Call Over Internet on the WebEx platform.
Who should I contact for assistance once I have purchased my learning path?
If you have a query regarding your purchase, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. If your query relates to the learning content or the online learning portal, please use the portal’s ‘Help & Support’ option in the top right corner of the screen.
Why Choose ILX Group?
graduates in Australia
in Australia since 2010