15% OFF E-LEARNING, PLUS PACKS & BLENDED COURSESUse offer code: EARLY0623USA
|"The ILX Group solution are much better equipped to manage projects in a more cost effective and timely way." NATO|
|"The design of the course material makes it easy for students to navigate through the course and optimise their learning." Brian Bear, Anglo American, South Africa|
|"The ILX Group courses form an important part of our Project training framework." Royal London Insurance|
|"With ILX we can cost effectively deliver a comprehensive training programme." West Middlesex University Hospital|
|"We have used the PRINCE2 Foundation course from ILX Group with excellent results." Salford City Council|
|"We took the PRINCE2 exam brimming in confidence and all passed." Programme Manager, Police IT Organisation (PITO)|
|"I will certainly recommend to anybody who wishes to take PRINCE2 courses in the future." Head of IT Projects, Stanley Leisure PLC|
|"Thanks for an excellent course here at the Authority, all passed :-)" Deputy Director, EFTA Surveillance Authority, Belgium|
|"There is no more to say ... A flexible, well-structured e-learning is the key to a successful project." Benoit Devolder, Navigha SA, Belgium|
|"I have experienced amazing after sales service, which has ultimately put ILX in a league of their own." David Coughlan, The IQ Business Group (Pty) Ltd, South Africa|
|"ILX Group have continually provided an excellent level and quality of training and helped us to achieve a 100% pass record to date." Mike Smith, Alpha Financial Markets Consulting|
What is MSP?
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) is a methodology that comprises a set of principles and processes for use when managing a programme. A programme is made up of a specific set of projects identified by an organisation that together will deliver some defined objective, or set of objectives, for the organisation. The objectives, or goals, of the programme are typically at a strategic level so that the organisation can achieve benefits and improvements in its business operation.
Programme Management and Project Management
A programme is made up of a specific set of related projects identified by an organisation that together will deliver some defined objective, or set of objectives, for the organisation.
The objectives, or goals, of the programme are typically at a strategic level so that the organisation can achieve benefits and improvements in its business operation.
There is a close link between Programme Management and project management because the programme is made up of projects and is only successful if the projects within it succeed. The concept of a programme is that it should deliver more than the 'sum of its parts'.
In other words, without Programme Management, the projects might still be able to deliver their particular outcomes but these would not be co-ordinated or integrated into the achievement of a strategic business goal.
AXELOS Ltd owns the best practice guide on Programme Management called Managing Successful Programmes.
The Principles in MSP advise how to:
· Organise people to ensure responsibilities and lines of communication are clear
· Plan the work in a way which achieves results
· Ensure that the organisation benefits from undertaking the programme
· Ensure that all interested parties (the stakeholders) are involved
· Resolve issues which arise
· Identify and manage risks
· Ensure quality
· Keep up to date information which tracks the continually changing environment
· Audit a programme to ensure standards are being followed
The Processes in MSP describe how to:
· Identify the aim of the programme and envisaged benefits to the organisation
· Define the programme, and specify how the organisation will be different afterwards
· Establish the programme
· Monitor and co-ordinate the projects within a programme to a successful conclusion
· Manage the transition between the 'old' and 'new' ways of working, ensuring benefit
· Close the programme and ensure the 'end goal' has been achieved
To take a look at our current selection of MSP® courses, click here