Data Scientist Learning Path
Data Science was first used in the 1960s as a way to understand and interpret the large amount of data being created at that time. It is now even more pertinent with the vast amounts of data being created every day - estimated to be 2.5 quintillion bytes.
The field originally started with the use of statistics and statistical models, but it has now evolved to include new technologies and concepts including Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Who will benefit
This Data Scientist learning path, provided by our partner Simplilearn, will benefit graduates and professionals who are interested in analytics.
This programme with also benefit anyone working in these types of roles:
- Analytics Managers
- Banking and Finance professionals
- Business Analysts
- IT professionals
- Marketing Managers
- Supply Chain Network Manager
Why sign up?
Becoming a Data Scientist will help you to:Advance your career or expand your career prospects in a growing field
- Simulate business outcomes based on potential actions
- Develop patterns using raw data by using tools, algorithms, formulas and machine learning
- Support informed, data driven decision-making
- Help businesses solve problems and identify new challenges to overcom
“Completing this course has really helped me to fast-track my career and upped my confidence.”
“After this course I moved from Business Analysis & Project Management, which was a great switch for me.”
“Upskilling with this course was a great experience and resulted in a new job opportunity for me.”
This learning path delivered by Simplilearn in collaboration with IBM, will teach you about key Data Scientist concepts and technologies, such as R, Python, Tableau, and Machine learning.
You will also learn about supervised and unsupervised learning models, including linear regression, logistic regression, clustering, dimensionality reduction, KNN, and pipelines.
ILX Group, a leading global provider of project and programme management training, has partnered with Simplilearn – the world’s #1 online bootcamp and one of the world’s leading certification training providers – to offer this course.
- 150+ hours of applied learning
- 25+ real-life projects providing hands-on industry training
- Industry-recognised certificates from IBM (for IBM courses) and Simplilearn
- Portfolio-worthy capstone demonstrating mastered concepts
- Exclusive Hackathons and live interaction with IBM experts
To take this Data Scientist learning path you should have a basic understanding of statistics and any programming language.
- Exploratory data analysis
- Descriptive statistics
- Inferential statistics
- Model building and fine-tuning
- Supervised and unsupervised learning
- Natural language processing
- Ensemble learning
Key learning outcomes
- Gain an in-depth understanding of data structure and data manipulation
- Understand and use linear and non-linear regression models and classification techniques for data analysis
- Perform scientific and technical computing using the SciPy package and its sub-packages such as Integrate, Optimize, Statistics, IO, and Weave
- Gain expertise in mathematical computing using the NumPy and Scikit-Learn package
- Master the concepts of a recommendation engine, and time series modeling and gain practical mastery over principles, algorithms, and applications of machine learning
- Analyse data using Tableau and become proficient in building interactive dashboard
Course completion criteria
Learners need to pass all the courses and meet the following requirements to get the Data Scientist certificate:
- Python for Data Science: Complete 85% OSL, No Project Criteria, No Test Criteria
- Data Science with Python: Complete 85% OSL, Pass a Project, Pass Assessment Test 60%
- Machine Learning: Complete 85% OSL, Pass a Project, No Test Criteria
- Tableau Training: Complete 85% OSL, Pass a Project, No Test Criteria
- Data Science Capstone: NO LVC OR OSL Conditions, Pass a Project, No Test Criteria
Frequently asked questions
How is the learning path delivered?
For the Data Scientist learning path, you will also have access to live instructor-led virtual classes for the Applied Data Science with Python, Machine Learning, Tableau Training and Data Science Capstone courses. Over the course of your 12-month licence for this learning path, you will be able to join several of these virtual classes, so that you can revisit content as and when you need it. You will also have access to batch session recordings.
For how long will I have access to my learning path?
You will have 24/7 access for 12 months to all the self-paced e-learning content and the live instructor-led virtual classes. You can attend as many of the live virtual courses as are available to you in the 12 month period, and you also have 24/7 access to recordings of the live classes, which are available in the portal.
What are the technical requirements to access the e-learning portal?
The online learning portal can be accessed via all laptops and computers with an internet connection. It can also be accessed via tablets, although we would recommend downloading the Simplilearn app to access the portal via a mobile device. Preferred web browsers for the online learning portal are the latest versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Safari and Mozilla Firefox.
After I make my purchase, what are the next steps?
You will receive an email from ILX confirming your purchase and welcoming you to the Simplilearn learning pathway portal. The email will contain a link for you to set your password, and once completed, you will be prompted to sign in with your username and new password. From here, you will be able to click on the learning pathway that you have purchased, and it will automatically take you into the Simplilearn learning portal where you can start your course.
Is the cost of the exam included in the learning path?
No, the cost of the exam is not included in this learning path. However, you will receive Simplilearn course completion certificates once you meet the required criteria, detailed in the “About the programme” tab on this page. However, the exams are available as optional extras in the basket when you purchase.
How do I schedule my live class?
Login to the online learning portal and access the live class schedule. From there you will be able to book onto any courses that are available as part of your learning path. To access the live classes from a laptop or desktop, use Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari on Windows or macOS. To access the live classes from a mobile or tablet, ensure you have both the Simplilearn app and Cisco WebEx Meetings app installed, use the Simplilearn app to login, click on the ‘Live Classes’ and then on the ATTEND button. When using the Simplilearn app, you can enable the audio by clicking on the Calling icon and then clicking on Call Over Internet on the WebEx platform.
Who should I contact for assistance once I have purchased my learning path?
If you have a query regarding your purchase, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. If your query relates to the learning content or the online learning portal, please use the portal’s ‘Help & Support’ option in the top right corner of the screen.
Why Choose ILX Group?