Job title: Credit Control and Sales Ledger
Reports to: Finance Director
To provide timely invoicing in line with procedures. To collect debts due in line with customer credit terms and company policy. To mitigate the risk of unpaid debts by resolving queries timely. To carry out credit checking of customers in line with company procedure.
Duties and responsibilities
To carry out the following:
- The timely collection of debts in line with customer credit terms
- Maintaining the up to date contact details of customers and validating as per the company procedure prior to updating both the Dimensions and Salesforce systems
- Credit check customers or potential customers in line with company procedures
- Review and action the daily validation report from Salesforce to ensure all opportunities are billed within 2 working days of the opportunity being passed, except at month end where all opportunities should be processed for the month end.
- Proactive approach by phoning customers 5 working days following the invoice being sent to ensure that invoices falling due for payment in the coming weeks are on the customer's ledgers and there are no queries
- Resolving queries with assistance from the sales team and others when required within 5 days of the query being raised.
- Sending out the statements electronically unless specifically requested by customer for a paper copy within 3 working days of the month end.
- Preparing a monthly report for the Management pack with inclusions such as identifying top 10 debtors with reasons
- To carry out other ad hoc tasks as requested
Key Attributes and Qualities
The candidate will have the following qualifications/attributes:
- Confident telephone manner
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Customer focussed both internal and external
- A high attention to detail
- Credit Management qualification (Chartered Institute of Credit Management)
At month end times, there may be a requirement to work longer hours to accommodate the month end process within the timescales set.
At the half year (Dec) and year end (Jul) there may be a requirement to work longer hours to accommodate the timescales set.