Location: HA4 9UW
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: 1 June 2016
Starkstrom is a leading supplier of clinical infrastructure solutions to hospitals, offering high quality products and services for improved patient outcomes, process and cost-efficiencies.
Starkstrom Limited, part of the Progility PLC group of companies, is a British company founded in 1971 and specialises in the design, manufacture and servicing of clinical infrastructure products such as isolated power supply systems, touch screen Theatre Control Panels, Starkstrom's Automatic Transfer Switch (SATS), and a wide range of Clinical Pendants for the medical sector.
We have offices in West London, Eastcote and an assembly plant in Leicester.
We are looking for a Technical Sales Estimator to join our Estimation team, based in the Eastcote office.
Main purpose of the job
To promote & sell Starkstrom's infrastructure and standalone products, mainly via the Hospital's clinical users, estates, procurement, & NHS SC route for the highest margin possible.
To obtain clinical approval for projects specified via the architect, M&E consultants, and hospital capital planning / estates department.
Key result areas & main duties:
- Achieve Annual Individual and Shared Sales Targets
- Establish and maintain relationships with Surgeons, Theatre Managers, Clinical Service Managers, SODA's, Matrons, Critical Care Managers / Leads, Procurement, Estates, EBME, Capital Project Managers etc.
- Find new sales leads though direct contact (telephone or other means) with the potential customers and other project stakeholders.
- Follow up & log new leads, act upon any leads provided by the company promptly and expediently.
- Ensure all stakeholders on each project are identified in CRM database, their roles understood and appropriate contact made with them.
- Identify the type of project and project title in CRM database.
- Ensure each project has a birth and death event with corresponding date in CRM database.
- Meticulously record meetings, presentations, trials, demos & key events in CRM database to facilitate upkeep of KPIs.
- Ensure CRM database is accurate and up to date for pre-arranged SOF trigger dates, a bi monthly event.
- Ensure new people encountered are added to CRM database.
- Keep Outlook diary up to date
- Seek to maximise the number and range of products supplied on each project, engaging engineering sales wherever possible.
- Check & approve quotations before internal sales issue to customers.
- Follow up quotations in a timely manner.
- Present & demo equipment where applicable
- Arrange for seminars, presentations, reference site visits for the customers as applicable.
- Arrange clinical trials, mobile or hanging, as required including any pre installation surveys.
- Attend industry exhibitions, conferences and manning stands where necessary.
- Attend and contribute to Territory and National Sales meetings as necessary.
- Attend and contribute to product development, product training meetings as required.
- Liaise and work closely with other departments especially Marketing, Service, Projects & Design.
- Monitor project wins and losses to continuously improve, monitor market movement.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of key discussions and negotiations with customers, to assist Project Management in delivering projects, post-sale.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with other departments & colleagues alike, to ensure necessary support is sought and provided during project negotiations.
- Developing strategies, business plan for increasing opportunities, building new & existing accounts & increasing market share.
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments in the National Health Service - anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors' products, regularly updating designated product folders on sales drive with relevant product information.
- Keeping up to date with the latest clinical data, product data, competitor equipment on the market
- Identifying potential additional equipment which could be added to enhance existing clinical product portfolio.
- Submit expenses every other month as a maximum time period, each month preferred.
- Support and train CSS as necessary.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience selling within the Healthcare Market
- Clinical experience and educated to HND Level minimum would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the HTMs & HBNs
- Experience & Understanding Selling to NHS/Private Healthcare sectors
- Project a professional manner to have the credibility to negotiate high value capital sales up to approx. £3m
- Provide a suitable home office environment with Wi-Fi
- Excellent Commercial skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Excellent Time Management, Organisational & Planning Skills
- Pro-active approach to work and comfortable working on your own initiative
- Persistence & Tenacity
- Good Time Keeping & Management of Diary
- Ability to work on multiple negotiations simultaneously
- Computer Literate - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM database.
- Smart and Presentable
- Clean Driving License
If you are interested in this role, send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org