Job title: Business Development Manager – VIC/TAS/SA/WA
Reports to: Sales Operations Manager
The role of a BDM is a vital part of the ILX corporate strategy which is to grow the business in AUST, specifically the VIC, TAS, SA and WA business territory, based in our Mulgrave office.
The primary function is to develop business within your given territory from your own endeavours with the support of marketing lead generation. You must plan and deliver persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with ILX through our range of service offerings. You must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
Duties and responsibilities
To carry out the following:
- Familiarise and maintain an up to date knowledge of designated accounts, key contacts and client's businesses via our CRM.
- Prospect for potential new clients and convert this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your regional territory to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network, industry groups, events and conferences.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Understand formal and informal organisation structures.
- Plan approaches and develop Value Propositions.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Selling the whole range of ILX services including: e-learning, classroom learning, ILX Academy, PMO Solutions and consultancy.
- Proposal writing, responding to RFIs and RFPs / Tenders.
- Designing and delivering high impact presentations one to one or to a wider audience.
- Negotiating viable packages that protect margins.
- Lead the team in working on account management.
- Maintaining specified Quality Management procedures and standards
- Working with the marketing department to develop initiatives to increase sales: Case Studies, Referrals, Collateral, Presentations and Value Propositions.
- Continual commitment to learning: company products and services, business partners, attendance at courses and team meetings, the market, the competition.
- Taking responsibility for and managing personal development.
- Supplying management information as specified by your manager.
- Providing leads, referrals and intelligence to colleagues.
Key Attributes and Qualities
The candidate will have the following qualifications/attributes:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Commercial sales experience at a senior level.
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions.
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-sufficient.
- Detail orientated.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Displays Accountability and responsibility in the work environment.
- Ethical approach to dealings within ILX and with our customers and suppliers.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong customer service and time management skills.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office.
- Experience using Salesforce preferred, or similar CRM.
- Administrative experience in a corporate environment.