About the course
The blended learning course format is as follows:
- Managing Benefits Foundation online learning, access provided upon purchase
- Managing Benefits Foundation exam: must be taken online via remote web proctor and pass confirmation received prior to attending your workshop
- Two-day Managing Benefits Practitioner workshop including Managing Benefits Practitioner exam. You will sit this exam at the end of the Practitioner workshop
- Managing Benefits Foundation online learning takes approximately 10-12 hours to complete
- Two-day Managing Benefits Practitioner workshop including Managing Benefits Practitioner exam
There are no formal pre-requisites for taking the Foundation exam.
In order to take the Managing Benefits Practitioner examination, a candidate must hold the Managing Benefits Foundation qualification.
By the end of the Foundation element of the course you should be able to understand and describe the following:
- Definitions, scope and objectives of benefits management, barriers to its effective practice, and the key success characteristics
- Principles upon which successful approaches to benefits management are based
- Five practices contained within the benefits management cycle and relevant techniques applicable to each practice
- Scope of key roles and responsibilities for benefits management and the typical contents of the main benefits management documentation
- Approaches to implementation and the factors to consider in sustaining progress.
By attending the Practitioner element of the course you will learn:
- Planning the implementation of benefits management, select appropriate strategies to sustain and measure progress.
- Selecting and adapt principles, practices and techniques to suit different organizational environments.
- Identifying activities that should be undertaken during each of the practices of the Benefits Management Cycle together with the accountabilities and responsibilities of each of the defined roles.
- Evaluating examples of benefits management information (documents).
- Analysing the solutions adopted in relation to a given scenario.
Foundation online learning
- Introduction and overview
- Identify and quantify practice
- Value and appraise practice
- Plan practice
- Realise practice
- Review practice
- Portfolio based application
- Implement sustain
- Exam simulator
Practitioner two-day workshop
The Practitioner level aims to confirm whether you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor the guidance in a scenario situation. The workshop will help prepare you for the Practitioner examination which takes place at the end of day two.
Managing Benefits is for all those with a role in ensuring best use of funds by maximising the benefits realised from change initiatives. This multi-disciplinary group includes:
- Change leaders (e.g. senior responsible owners and directors of change)
- Change initiators (e.g. strategic planners and policy leads)
- Change appraisers and evaluators (e.g. business case developers and project appraisers)
- Change implementers/enablers (e.g. portfolio, programme and project managers)
- Change support staff (e.g. portfolio, programme and project office staff)
You must complete the full Foundation online learning and pass the Foundation exam prior to attending the Practitioner classroom workshop.
Managing Benefits Foundation
The Foundation exam must be taken online via web proctor, and you must have received pass confirmation prior to attending your workshop. The workshop must be taken within 12 months of purchase.
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
Managing Benefits Practitioner
You must have passed the Foundation qualification in order to sit the Practitioner examination. The format of the Practitioner exam is as follows:
- Objective testing
- 8 questions per paper with 10 marks available per question
- 40 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2 and a half hours duration
- Open book exam (Managing Benefits guide only).