About the course
This two-day course helps prepare you for the APM Project Risk Management level 1 examination which is designed to determine an individual’s knowledge and understanding of project risk management at the foundation level.
This is an intensive two-day course.
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course however the examination assumes that those taking the examination have the level of project risk management knowledge specified in the APM Project Management Qualification syllabus. Those taking the exam are also expected to have read or be familiar with the Project Risk Analysis and Management (PRAM) Guide 2nd Edition.
By the end of this course, you should:
- Be able to define project risk, project risk management and risk event
- Be able to list the benefits of risk management and possible threats to effective risk management
- Principles – Be able to define threat and opportunity
- Process – Be able to define the PRAM process
- Initiate – Be able to define project objective, scope, success criteria, stakeholder and stakeholder analysis
- Be able to define risk identification techniques
- Be able to define Probability / impact assessment, Structured risk descriptions, i.e. cause, event and effect, Risk breakdown structures
- Be able to define quantitative risk assessment techniques
- Risk response: Be able to define risk response techniques
- Organisation and control: Be able to define the risk management plan, roles and responsibilities of those involved in the risk management process, the contents of a risk register, risk reviews and project contingency/ management reserve.
- Behaviours - Be able to identify multiple behaviours
- Application - Be able to list the main steps of introduction of risk management to an organisation
This course includes the following:
- All accompanying course material
- The official manual (APM Project Risk Analysis and Management Guide, 2nd edition)
- The cost of the APM Project Risk Management Level 1 examination (must be taken online via remote proctor within 12 months of purchase)
Exams are taken online via remote proctor. Two weeks prior to course commencement ILX will arrange for an exam voucher to be issued. You will then be able to book a suitable time after your virtual classroom event has finished to undertake your exam.
Note: You are responsible for booking your own exam(s).
- One hour
- Contains 60 multiple-choice questions
- Each correct answer scores one mark
- No deductions are made for incorrect marks
- Pass mark: 60%