About the course
By the end of the Foundation-level qualification you should have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Digital Services guidance to be able to recognise and distinguish between the key elements of the approach. The Practitioner-level qualification confirms that that you not only have sufficient knowledge and understanding of Agile Digital Services guidance, but that you have the ability to apply and tailor it to a given scenario situation.
This is an intensive four day classroom course that includes both the Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
The formal pre-requisite is that you must pass the AgileDS Foundation exam prior to undertaking the AgileDS Practitioner examination.
Additionally in order to attend the AgileDS Practitioner course you must have attended the ILX AgileDS Foundation course and passed the exam.
By the end of this course you should understand...
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of agile and digital services
- The lifecycle of an agile and digital services project, including alternative configurations
- The artefacts produced during an agile digital services project and their purpose
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations
- The roles and responsibilities within an agile digital services project
and be able to..
- Apply the underpinning philosophy and principles of agile digital services in a project situation
- Appropriately configure the lifecycle of an agile digital services project to a given scenario
- Produce and evaluate the content of agile digital services products produced during an agile project in a given scenario
- Apply the following agile digital services techniques in a project situation: facilitated workshops; MoSCoW prioritisation; iterative development; building incrementally; timeboxing; user needs; user experience
- Identify the agile digital services techniques to be used for a given situation within a scenario
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within an agile digital services project and correctly determine the appropriate personnel to fulfil these roles within a given scenario
- Understand the mechanisms for planning, control and governance of an agile digital services project which are specific to an agile project
This is an intensive four-day course that includes the following:
- All accompanying course material
- The official AgileDS handbook
- The cost of the Agile DS Foundation and Practitioner examinations
This course covers the following modules:
- The agile digital services principles
- The service lifecycle
- User needs and user experience
- Roles and responsibilities
- Planning and control
- Agile governance
- Iterative development
- Quality assurance
- Exam preparation
This qualification is aimed at:
- Practising project managers
- Agile team members working in a digital services environment who wish to become agile project managers
- Agile team members working in a digital services environment who wish to become more effective team members
There is no mandatory pre-course for this course however there will be some evening work.
The format of the Foundation exam is as follows:
- Multiple choice
- 50 questions per paper
- Pass mark is 25/50 (50%)
- 40-minute duration
- Closed book
The format of the Practitioner exam is as follows:
- Complex multiple choice
- 4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per question
- Pass mark is 40/80 (50%)
- 2.5-hour duration
- Open book (AgileDS handbook only)