Automation Test Engineer Learning Path
Automation is essentially using technology to replicate specific human actions and activities.
Using technology to complete tasks normally carried out by a person is more efficient, and it also means people can spend their time working on other tasks that are more beneficial in a wider context.
Automation has accelerated over the last decade or so due to technological advancements in areas such as Artificial Intelligence, machine learning and robotics. As they have expedited the speed in which computers and robots can make decisions and carry out tasks.
This makes it an exciting area to start working in or reskill in, as technology will continue to evolve the way organisations operate and automate processes. Testing Automation is a critical component of this.
Who will benefit
This Automation Test Engineer learning path provided by our partner Simplilearn has been specifically designed for graduates and anyone working in these roles:
- IT professionals
- Software Developersx
- Technical consultants and analysts
- Test Engineers
Why sign up?
Becoming an Automation Test Engineer will help you to:
- Advance your career or expand your career prospects in a growing field
- Gain understanding and knowledge of technologies that are instrumental for automation testing
- Ensure business outcomes and goals are met from automation initiatives
- Save time, money and improve efficiencies during the automation process through effective testing
- Increase the speed and efficiency of automation initiatives and testing cycles
“I love the format and logistics of this learning platform, I would choose them for future courses. Awesome guys.”
Learn the skills and knowledge of different software technologies, including Appium, Autolt, Selenium Grid, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG when studying this learning path.
ILX Group, a leading global provider of project and programme management training, has partnered with Simplilearn – the world’s #1 online bootcamp and one of the world’s leading certification training providers – to offer this course.
- Comprehensive applied learning program
- High-quality self-learning content
- 194 hours of instructor-led training
- 15+ in-demand tools and skills
- 14 lesson-end and four phase-end, hands-on projects
- One industry-aligned capstone project
There are no prerequisites for enrolling in this course. It can be taken by graduates, anyone with an IT background/IT professionals, or experienced professionals, such as Technical Consultants, Engineers, Software Developers, Test Engineers, and Analysts.
- Agile methodologies
- TDD with TestNG
- API testing with Postman
Apache JMeter 5.0
Appium and Jenkins
Key learning outcomes
- Master software programming concepts and implement them in real-life
- Become an Agile practitioner with the ability to complete industry projects quickly
- Build and test an end-to-end applications from the beginning
- Test and deploy production features seamlessly and with minimal effort
- Build a running, industry-aligned project from scratch
- Complete 40+ topic-end, lesson-end, and phase-end projects
Course completion criteria
Learners need to pass all the courses and meet the following requirements to get the Automation Testing Certificate:
- Implement software development and database fundamentals through Agile methodologies: Attend 1 LVC batch AND Complete 85 percent of OSL, Pass a Project, No Test Criteria
- Get started with functional testing, TDD, and DevOps integration: Attend 1 LVC batch AND Complete 85 percent of OSL, Pass a Project, No Test Criteria
- Test and monitor your applications through non-functional and API Testing: Attend 1 LVC batch AND Complete 85 percent of OSL, Pass a Project, No Test Criteria
- Learn mobile automation and cloud testing: Attend 1 LVC batch AND Complete 85 percent of OSL, Pass a Project, No Test Criteria
- Automation Test Engineer Capstone: Attend 1 LVC batch, Pass a Project, No Test Criteria
Frequently asked questions
How is the learning path delivered?
For the Automation Test Engineer learning path, you will also have access to live instructor-led virtual classes for some of the courses. Over the course of your 12-month licence for this learning path, you will be able to join several of these virtual classes, so that you can revisit content as and when you need it. You will also have access to batch session recordings.
For how long will I have access to my learning path?
You will have 24/7 access for 12 months to all the self-paced e-learning content and the live instructor-led virtual classes. You can attend as many of the live virtual courses as are available to you in the 12 month period, and you also have 24/7 access to recordings of the live classes, which are available in the portal.
What are the technical requirements to access the e-learning portal?
The online learning portal can be accessed via all laptops and computers with an internet connection. It can also be accessed via tablets, although we would recommend downloading the Simplilearn app to access the portal via a mobile device. Preferred web browsers for the online learning portal are the latest versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Safari and Mozilla Firefox.
After I make my purchase, what are the next steps?
You will receive an email from ILX confirming your purchase and welcoming you to the Simplilearn learning pathway portal. The email will contain a link for you to set your password, and once completed, you will be prompted to sign in with your username and new password. From here, you will be able to click on the learning pathway that you have purchased, and it will automatically take you into the Simplilearn learning portal where you can start your course.
Is the cost of the exam included in the learning path?
No, the cost of the exam is not included in this learning path. However, you will receive Simplilearn course completion certificates once you meet the required criteria, detailed in the “About the programme” tab on this page.
How do I schedule my live class?
Login to the online learning portal and access the live class schedule. From there you will be able to book onto any courses that are available as part of your learning path. To access the live classes from a laptop or desktop, use Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari on Windows or macOS. To access the live classes from a mobile or tablet, ensure you have both the Simplilearn app and Cisco WebEx Meetings app installed, use the Simplilearn app to login, click on the ‘Live Classes’ and then on the ATTEND button. When using the Simplilearn app, you can enable the audio by clicking on the Calling icon and then clicking on Call Over Internet on the WebEx platform.
Who should I contact for assistance once I have purchased my learning path?
If you have a query regarding your purchase, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. If your query relates to the learning content or the online learning portal, please use the portal’s ‘Help & Support’ option in the top right corner of the screen.
Why Choose ILX Group?