Automation is essentially using technology to replicate specific human actions and activities. This field has accelerated over the last decade or so, due to technological advancements in areas such as Artificial Intelligence, machine learning and robotics. As they have expedited the speed in which computers and robots can make decisions and carry out tasks.
This means it’s an exciting area to learn skills in, as technology will continue to evolve the way organisations operate and automate processes, making it a good career for both now and the future!
What will you learn on our Automation Testing Engineer Learning Path?
This learning path is structured in five steps – here’s an outline of each step:
Step 1 – Implement software development and database fundamentals through agile
: this step will teach you about the basics of agile methodologies and GIT, and Java fundamentals, including variables, loops, data types, operators. By the end of this step, you’ll also be able to:
- Make use of SQL queries to maintain and analyse data in the database
- Comprehend software testing fundamentals and use cases
- And more…
Step 2 – Get started with Functional Testing, TDD, and DevOps integration:
with this step you’ll learn about what automation testing is and evaluate test cases using TestNG, and on completion of this step, you’ll:
- Be able to work with reports using XML and Selenium Grid
- Have the ability to execute CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins
- Be familiar with JUnit 5
- And more…
Step 3 – Test and monitor your applications through non-functional and API testing:
for this step, learners will be able to execute and analyse test cases and understand non-functional testing with JMeter, and perform hands-on API testing with Postman.
Step 4 – Learn mobile automation and cloud testing:
at the end of this step, learners will taught about Appium, how to automate mobile tests using Appium, and be able to deploy test cases in the cloud using DevOps.
Step 5 – Automation Test Engineer Capstone:
this step will help you apply learned skills and solve a real industry-aligned problem. You’ll also receive hands-on experience in developing an entire application from scratch and deploying into a pseudo-production environment.
After all steps have been completed in line with the required criteria, learners will receive a ‘Certificate of Achievement’ from Simplilearn.
How is the learning path delivered?
This Automation Test Engineer Learning Path is delivered digitally using:
- Online self-learning: consisting of videos and quizzes
- Live interactive classes: via virtual classrooms with live interaction and monitoring
- Hands-on experience: through final assessment, project work and virtual labs
Why should individual employees and/or teams book this learning path?
Training in this learning path will enable learners to:
- Gain understanding and knowledge of technologies that are instrumental for automation testing
- Save time, money and improve efficiencies during the automation process through effective testing
- Increase the speed and efficiency of automation initiatives and testing cycles
- And more…
Visit ILX.com to learn more and book training