Data Analyst Learning Path
Data analysis has been around for centuries, and examples can be dated back to the Sumerians, when they would record and analyse infomation on clay tablets before paper was invented.
Nowadays, Data Analysts have the benefits of technology to support them inspect, cleanse, tranform, model and visualise data sets for identifying trends, insights and more
Who will benefit
This Data Analysts learning path provided by our partner Simplilearn will benefit graduates and who would like to start their career in this field.
This programme with also benefit anyone working in these types of roles:
- Banking and Finance professionals
- IT specialists
- Marketing Managers
- Supply Chain Network Managers
Why sign up?
Becoming a Data Analyst will help you to:
- Advance your career or expand your career prospects
- Learn skills that you can use in any industry and sized organisation, from startups to large enterprise
- Analyse datasets to identify trends, customer insights, business opportunities/problems
- Support your business to improve its strategy and customer experience, and optimise operations
- Help organisations to make better business decisions
“It was a fantastic learning experience and I was able to make several new connections.”
“I have 7 years of work experience as a Data Analyst, but I didn't have a chance to work with Statistics, so I enrolled on this course. Overall the training is very good and it is a good course, even for beginners.”
“The learnings from this course have helped me enhance my performance at work and gain a mid-term increase in my salary.”
This Simplilearn learning path, in collaboration with IBM, will teach you about the concepts of data science, statistics, data analytics, business analytics, Python and R programming, Tableau, Power BI and SQL databases.
You will also learn the skills to interpret data, create data visualisations, and build interactive dashboards. And how to perform regression analysis and learn clustering techniques and data analytics.
ILX Group, a leading global provider of project and programme management training, has partnered with Simplilearn – the world’s #1 online bootcamp and one of the world’s leading certification training providers – to offer this course.
120+ hours of applied learning
Industry-recognised certificates from IBM (for IBM courses) and Simplilearn
Portfolio-worthy capstone demonstrating mastered concepts
20+ real-life projects providing hands-on industry training
Exclusive Hackathons and live interaction with IBM experts
To take this Data Analyst learning path you should have a basic understanding of mathematics.
- Data analytics
- Business analytics
- Data visualization
- Clustering methods
- Python programming
- R programming
- Regression analysis
Key learning outcomes
- Understand essential statistical concepts, including measures of central tendency, dispersion, correlation, and regression.
- Master SQL concepts such as Universal Query Tool and SQL commands.
- Write your first Python program by implementing variables, strings, functions, loops, and conditions.
- Understand the nuances of lists, sets, dictionaries, conditions and branching, objects, and classes in Python. Work with data in Python, including reading and writing files, loading, working, and saving data with Pandas.
- Learn how to interpret data in Python using multi-dimensional arrays in NumPy, manipulate DataFrames in Pandas, use the SciPy library of mathematical routines, and execute machine learning using scikit-learn. Perform data analytics using popular Python libraries.
Course completion criteria
Learners need to pass all the courses and meet the following requirements to get the Data Analyst course completion certificate:
- Introduction to Data Analytics: Complete 85 percent of online self-paced learning
- Business Analytics with Excel: Complete 85 percent of online self-paced learning, successful evaluation in at least one project
- Programming Basics and Data Analytics with Python: Complete 85 percent of online self-paced learning
- Tableau Desktop 10 Training: Complete 85 percent of online self-paced learning or attend one live virtual classroom, successful evaluation in at least one project
- Data Analyst Capstone: Attend one live virtual classroom, successful evaluation in at least one project
Frequently asked questions
How is the learning path delivered?
For the Data Analyst learning path, you will also have access to live instructor-led virtual classes for the Programming Basics and Data Analytics with Python course. Over the course of your 12-month licence for this learning path, you will be able to join several of these virtual classes, so that you can revisit content as and when you need it. You will also have access to batch session recordings.
For how long will I have access to my learning path?
You will have 24/7 access for 12 months to all the self-paced e-learning content and the live instructor-led virtual classes. You can attend as many of the live virtual courses as are available to you in the 12 month period, and you also have 24/7 access to recordings of the live classes, which are available in the portal.
What are the technical requirements to access the e-learning portal?
The online learning portal can be accessed via all laptops and computers with an internet connection. It can also be accessed via tablets, although we would recommend downloading the Simplilearn app to access the portal via a mobile device. Preferred web browsers for the online learning portal are the latest versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Safari and Mozilla Firefox.
After I make my purchase, what are the next steps?
You will receive an email from ILX confirming your purchase and welcoming you to the Simplilearn learning pathway portal. The email will contain a link for you to set your password, and once completed, you will be prompted to sign in with your username and new password. From here, you will be able to click on the learning pathway that you have purchased, and it will automatically take you into the Simplilearn learning portal where you can start your course.
Is the cost of the exam included in the learning path?
No, the cost of the exam is not included in this learning path. However, you will receive Simplilearn course completion certificates once you meet the required criteria, detailed in the “About the programme” tab on this page.
How do I schedule my live class?
Login to the online learning portal and access the live class schedule. From there you will be able to book onto any courses that are available as part of your learning path. To access the live classes from a laptop or desktop, use Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari on Windows or macOS. To access the live classes from a mobile or tablet, ensure you have both the Simplilearn app and Cisco WebEx Meetings app installed, use the Simplilearn app to login, click on the ‘Live Classes’ and then on the ATTEND button. When using the Simplilearn app, you can enable the audio by clicking on the Calling icon and then clicking on Call Over Internet on the WebEx platform.
Who should I contact for assistance once I have purchased my learning path?
If you have a query regarding your purchase, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your query relates to the learning content or the online learning portal, please use the portal’s ‘Help & Support’ option in the top right corner of the screen.
Why Choose ILX Group?