DevOps Engineer Learning Path
DevOps has been around since 2007 and was established to bridge the gap between software development teams (dev) and IT operations (ops) teams to help reduce the time it takes to deliver applications and services.
The philosophy came from Agile and there are four key principles of DevOps:
- Automation of the software development lifecycle
- Collaboration and communication
- Continuous improvement and minmisation of waste
- Hyperfocus on user needs with short feedback loop
Who will benefit
This DevOps Engineer learning path provided by our partner Simplilearn will benefit professionals who are interested in starting a career in DevOps, including graduates and professionals with less than two years of experience in technical and non-technical roles.
It will also benefit anyone looking to build a career in cloud computing or working in these types of roles:
- Cloud Engineers
- IT Managers and Team Leaders
- Software Developers
- Systems Administrators
Why sign up?
Becoming a DevOps Engineer will help you to:
- Advance your career or expand your career prospects in a sought after field
- Create and deliver high-velocity applications and services
- Streamline and optimise applications and services
- Improve the software development life cycle
- Automate the development process to and increase speed-to-market/value
“This is a great place to learn new technologies, and the trainers are excellent at answering our technocal questions, helping us to learn more.”
“I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to get into DevOps.”
This learning path will teach you the principles of continuous deployment and monitoring (CI/CD) so that you can become competent in software development (dev) and technology operations (ops).
You will also learn how to leverage DevOps tools, such as Puppet, Nagios, Chef, Docker, Git, and Jenkins.
ILX Group, a leading global provider of project and programme management training, has partnered with Simplilearn – the world’s #1 online bootcamp and one of the world’s leading certification training providers – to offer this course.
- 100+ hours of instructor-led training
- On-demand self-learning content
- 15+ relevant & top tools and skills
- Capstone and 100+ hands-on practice projects
- Master’s certificate after course completion
- 8X higher live interaction with live online classes by industry experts
Learners need to have a high school diploma or an undergraduate degree. Basic understanding of web development, Linux and Java programming, and technical background are preferred. Also, learners should be familiar with cloud platforms like AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Continuous deployment/continuous integration and continuous delivery
- And how DevOps complements the Agile methodology and DevOps on AW
Key learning outcomes
- Learn the fundamentals and benefits of DevOps engineering, and become fully proficient with DevOps concepts, terminologies, and deployment options to meet your organisation’s requirements
- Gain working knowledge of the version control system Git through GitHub training to effectively track code changes
- Get a detailed overview of container ecosystem and continuous integration by learning tools such as Docker and Jenkins
- Learn how to deliver change requests from customers effectively and rapidly by adding new (and updating existing) features
- Develop a sound understanding of performance testing and security to safeguard releases from vulnerabilities
Course completion criteria
Learners need to pass all the courses and meet the following requirements to get the DevOps Engineer Certificate:
- DevOps Training: Attend 1 LVC batch, pass a project, no test criteria
- Docker Certified Associate (DCA) Certification Training Course: Attend 1 LVC batch, no project criteria, pass assessment test with a score of at least 70 percent
- Container Orchestration using Kubernetes: NO LVC OR OSL conditions, pass a project, pass assessmenttTest witha score of at least 75 percent
- CI/CD Pipeline with Jenkins: Attend 1 LVC batch, pass a project, pass assessment test with a score of at least 60 percent
- AWS Developer Associate: Attend 1 LVC batch, pass a project, pass assessment test with a score of at least 60 percent
- Agile Scrum Master: Attend 1 LVC batch OR Complete 85 percent of OSL, pass a project, pass assessment test with a score of at least 70 percent
- Linux Training: Complete 85 percent of OSL, no project criteria, pass assessment test with a score of at least 60 percent
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals: Complete 85 percent of OSL, no project criteria, pass assessment test with a score of at least 70 percent
- AWS Technical Essentials: Complete 85 percent of OSL, pass a project, pass assessment test with a score of at least 60 percent
- Git and GitHub Training: Attend 1 LVC batch OR Complete 85 percent of OSL, pass a project, no test criteria
- Ansible 2.0 Training: Complete 85 per
- Puppet Training: Complete 85 percent of OSL, no project criteria, no test criteria
- DevOps on AWS: Complete 85 percent of OSL, no project criteria, no test criteria
Frequently asked questions
How is the learning path delivered?
For the DevOps Engineer learning path, you will also have access to live instructor-led virtual classes for the DevOps Training and Container Orchestration using Kubernetes courses. Over the course of your 12-month licence for this learning path, you will be able to join several of these virtual classes, so that you can revisit content as and when you need it. You will also have access to batch session recordings.
For how long will I have access to my learning path?
You will have 24/7 access for 12 months to all the self-paced e-learning content and the live instructor-led virtual classes. You can attend as many of the live virtual courses as are available to you in the 12 month period, and you also have 24/7 access to recordings of the live classes, which are available in the portal.
What are the technical requirements to access the e-learning portal?
The online learning portal can be accessed via all laptops and computers with an internet connection. It can also be accessed via tablets, although we would recommend downloading the Simplilearn app to access the portal via a mobile device. Preferred web browsers for the online learning portal are the latest versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Safari and Mozilla Firefox.
After I make my purchase, what are the next steps?
You will receive an email from ILX confirming your purchase and welcoming you to the Simplilearn learning pathway portal. The email will contain a link for you to set your password, and once completed, you will be prompted to sign in with your username and new password. From here, you will be able to click on the learning pathway that you have purchased, and it will automatically take you into the Simplilearn learning portal where you can start your course.
Is the cost of the exam included in the learning path?
No, the cost of the exam is not included in this learning path. However, you will receive Simplilearn course completion certificates once you meet the required criteria, detailed in the “About the programme” tab on this page.
How do I schedule my live class?
Login to the online learning portal and access the live class schedule. From there you will be able to book onto any courses that are available as part of your learning path. To access the live classes from a laptop or desktop, use Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari on Windows or macOS. To access the live classes from a mobile or tablet, ensure you have both the Simplilearn app and Cisco WebEx Meetings app installed, use the Simplilearn app to login, click on the ‘Live Classes’ and then on the ATTEND button. When using the Simplilearn app, you can enable the audio by clicking on the Calling icon and then clicking on Call Over Internet on the WebEx platform.
Who should I contact for assistance once I have purchased my learning path?
If you have a query regarding your purchase, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your query relates to the learning content or the online learning portal, please use the portal’s ‘Help & Support’ option in the top right corner of the screen.
Why Choose ILX Group?