ILX Group is an international accredited learning provider, specialising in improving capability in project, programme, portfolio and change management, agile, lean, and service management, along with providing a wide range of online technical training that supports organisations in adopting digital technology for transformation.
We offer a wide range of bestr practice and accredited learning solutions, ranging from; PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, Scrum, ITIL, APM:PMQ, PMI:PMP, AgilePM, data science & AI, cloud computing, cyber security, DevOps, and quality management, to name a few.
ILX's headquarters are in London, with a second office covering the APAC market based in Australia. Since the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, ILX has successfully transitioned to a distributed workforce model. With this, comes many benefits, such as the ability to recruit the best people, irrespective of location.
This financial year has seen double digit sales growth for ILX. Many organisations worldwide are having to digitally innovate, and with employers required to up-skill and re-skill their workforce, technical learning is a must for companies to thrive in this digital economy.
We have achieved impressive growth (+50%) in our German territory, driven primarily by sales to individuals. To capitalise on this growth we are now looking for an experienced German-speaking sales professional with a background of selling IT training or/and learning and development solutions into German businesses. Globally, corporate sales account for 60% of ILX's overall revenue, and it forms a fundamental part of our proposition in the market and future strategy.
We are looking for a candidate who is entrepreneurial, ambitious, self-motivated and driven, with the capability to strategically manage and grow our German territory. The role is ideal for someone who has at least 5 years' experience of selling complex learning solutions and dealing with clients at C-suite level. For someone looking for a challenge and with the skill set to thrive, this really does present an excellent opportunity and could not come at a better time.
The role is full-time, working 37.5 hours a week. Ideally we are looking for candidates based in either Germany/Austria/Switzerland or the UK, able to speak both German and English fluently. Any additional languages (Dutch, Spanish, French) would be a bonus.
Responsibilities and duties
The Business Development Director for Germany, will be responsible for setting the German territory sales strategy; leading all corporate sales and client-relationship management, tracking new markets and emerging trends, recommending new products and services, proposing and developing new strategic partnerships, writing proposals and plans, and guiding long-term objectives to meet business needs and requirements.
It is anticipated that much of the growth will come from new business acquisition. Each and every ILX online and individual booking provides a lead source and way into opening up new corporate business opportunities for ILX in Germany. Lead generation activity will include German market-specific targeted marketing campaigns.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Consumer Sales Executive for Germany & Netherlands, and together will have a German sales and GP target to deliver. The BDD will report directly into the UK Sales Director and work alongside the UK corporate sales team.
Using Salesforce, the successful candidate will be responsible for their pipeline, forecast management, and managing their business by inputting and tracking sales activity using this tool.
ILX provides a rewarding, uncapped commission scheme, paid monthly, which offers double commission in excess of annual target. We provide a contributory pension scheme and UK-based private health insurance plan, along with 25 days annual leave.
- Set and execute a sales strategy for German market
- Prospect for potential new clients and convert this into new business
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Create high quality effective, written proposals
- Prepare, and create compelling pitches/presentations
- Responsible for pricing the solution/service
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Selling the complete range of ILX services: e-learning, classroom, virtual, blended, enterprise licence solutions, role-based learning paths, curriculum learning paths.
- Work with Bid Manager in responding to RFIs and RFPs / tenders
- Manage relationships at all levels in the account development process
- Negotiate viable packages that protect margins
- Use Salesforce, and update relevant information held in this system
- Responsible for managing and submitting weekly forecast, and managing pipeline of business within Salesforce
- Work with German Sales Executive to grow German sales in all channels,
- Work with Marketing to create targeted marketing for German market to increase sales
- Work with Operations to ensure we can fulfil training requirements
- Work with Operations to recruit high quality trainers in Germany
- Maintain specified quality management procedures and standards
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of designated accounts, key contacts, clients' businesses
- Consistent commitment to learning: company products and services, business partners, attendance at courses and team meetings, the market, the competition
- Taking responsibility for and managing personal development
- Supplying management information as specified by your manager
- Providing leads, referrals and intelligence to colleagues
Qualifications and skills
- Ideally holds an undergraduate degree, 3 A levels as a minimum
- Fluent in German and English
- IT literate in MS Office, PowerPoint and Excel
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaboration skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Project management skills
- Research and strategy
- Business intelligence