Job title: Assistant Accountant
Reports to: Management Accountant
To provide accurate management accounts in the timescales set meeting all audit and legal standards. To assist in the compilation of the monthly management information for the Senior Management Team.
Duties and responsibilities
To carry out the following
- To prepare the deferred income details on a monthly basis ensuring the separation of deferred income from eLearning income and exam fees. Post into the ledger by working day two of the month following
- Too reconcile the bank accounts on a daily basis in line with audit requirements and to 100% accuracy
- To maintain the company Pricing File to 100% accuracy to allow for the price increase process to be completed within 5 working days for all companies/courses for update onto the website
- To reconcile monthly the credit card bills ensuring all receipts are obtained and posted to 100% accuracy
- To assist with the preparation of KPI data for the month management pack
- To assist with the VAT return as required
- To set up payment runs on the bank in line with procedures
- To assist with budget and forecasting as required
- To assist with the balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- To assist in the half year and full year audit preparation
- To carry out any other ad hoc tasks as requested
The candidate will have the following qualifications/attributes:
- AAT Qualification
- Working towards CIMA/ACCA qualification
- Confident telephone manner
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Customer focussed both internal and external
- Qualified accountant (CIMA,ACA,ACCA)
At month end times, there may be a requirement to work longer hours to accommodate the month end process within the timescales set.
At the half year (Dec) and year end (Jul) there may be a requirement to work longer hours to accommodate the timescales set.
To apply to this role, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: As much as we would love to respond to all applicants, due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of sending your CV, unfortunately you have not been selected for an interview.