Effective project management is integral to a successful business. A report from the Project Management Institute estimated that by 2027, employers will need nearly 88 million individuals in project management-orientated roles.
Training individuals in a certification scheme such as Praxis Framework™, can help employees to learn the skills and knowledge needed to plan, execute, and monitor projects more effectively and efficiently leading to better outcomes and increased success rates.
What is the Praxis Framework?
The Praxis Framework is a holistic approach to the management of projects, programmes, and portfolios (P3M). It combines different guides, standards, and resources to create one complete reference point for a project professional. The framework is divided into four informative sections:
- Body of knowledge: The body of knowledge forms the building blocks of discipline for project, programme and portfolio management
- Methodology: The methodology section combines functional procedures, tools, and techniques to provide two methods, one for project and programme management and another for portfolio management, which can be used in a multitude of scenarios and industry environments
- Competency framework: Split into three competencies: delivery, process and interpersonal, the competency framework defines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required at different levels of responsibility within a project
- Capability maturity model: The capability maturity model allows an organisation or individual to test their P3M capability by rating their abilities in a variety of different project tasks and requirements
What will the certification teach me?
Once qualified, learners will be able to understand and possess a knowledge of:
- Benefits of effective P3 management
- Characteristics and context of a project, programme and portfolio
- Effective strategies for risk and change management
- Phases involved in a standard project lifecycle
- Roles and responsibilities of various stakeholders
- Techniques for identifying and engaging with stakeholders
- And more!
What roles could the Praxis Framework help me excel in?
This certification will benefit you if you work in, or aspire to work in, these types of roles:
- Business Analysts
- Change Managers
- Construction Managers
- IT Managers
- Management Consultants
- Portfolio Managers
- Programme Managers
- Project Managers
- Quality Assurance Managers
How do I start training?
Praxis Framework courses are available from ILX Group as e-learning, virtual or classroom training. Individuals must first certify in the Foundation course before moving on to Practitioner, or both can be purchased at the same time with our combined plus pack.
Book your training or register for our webinar to find out more about the Praxis Framework and how training could benefit you.