About the course
The purpose of the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition qualification is:
- to allow candidates of the previous iteration of ITIL the opportunity of a straightforward transition to ITIL 4 in order to achieve the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional
- to provide candidates with an understanding of the new ITIL 4 Foundation concepts and definitions, including the key differences between the previous iteration of ITIL and ITIL 4 and how they can be practically applied
- to provide candidates with an understanding of the key elements from each one of the four ITIL Managing Professional (MP) modules: Create, Deliver and Support, Drive Stakeholder Value, High Velocity IT and Direct, Plan and Improve, and also ITIL 4 Foundation.
This is an intensive five-day course that prepares you for the Managing Professional Transition (MPT) examination. The training is conducted via a virtual training environment. You need to ensure that you can satisfy the technical requirements that can be found on our website here.
Minimum 17 credits from the ITIL v3 Foundation and Intermediate/Practitioner modules or ITIL Expert certificate. ITIL 4 Foundation can be accepted to replace ITIL v3 Foundation, but candidates would still need to achieve 15 credits from v3 PRC/INT.
This course is broken down into modules and by the end of it you should:
ITIL 4 Foundation
- Understand the key concepts of service management
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization to adopt and adapt service management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
Create Deliver & Support (CDS)
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver, and support services
- Know how relevant ITIL practices contribute to the creation, delivery and support across the SVS and value streams
- Know how to create, deliver and support services
Drive Stakeholder Value (DSV)
- Understand how customer journeys are designed
- Know how to foster stakeholder relationships
- Know how to shape demand and define service offerings
- Know how to onboard and offboard customers and users
- Know how to act together to ensure continual value co-creation (service consumption / provisioning)
- Know how to realize and validate service value
High Velocity IT (HVIT)
- Understand concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise, including the demand it places on IT
- Understand the digital product lifecycle in terms of the ITIL ‘operating model’
- Understand the importance of the ITIL guiding principles and other fundamental concepts for delivering high velocity IT
Direct Plan & Improve (DPI)
- Understand the scope of what is to be directed and/or planned, and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning in that context
- Understand the role of GRC and know how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of communication and organizational change management to direction planning and improvement
This is an intensive five-day virtual course that includes:
- All accompanying course material
- The cost of the MPT examination (must be taken online via remote proctor within 12 months of purchase)
This course will cover all aspects required to pass the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition examination. The examination assesses whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient understanding and practical application of the concepts covered in the following ITIL 4 core publications to be awarded the designation ITIL 4 Managing Professional including:
- ITIL 4 Foundation: to introduce readers to the management of modern IT-enabled services, to provide them with an understanding of the common language and key concepts
- Create, Deliver and Support (CDS): to provide the candidate with an understanding on how to integrate different value streams and activities to create, deliver and support IT-enabled products and services, and relevant practices, methods and tools
- Drive Stakeholder Value (DSV): to provide the candidate with an understanding of all types of engagement and interactions between a service provider and their customers, users, suppliers and partners, including key CX, UX and journey mapping concepts
- High Velocity IT (HVIT): to provide the candidate with an understanding of the ways in which digital organizations and digital operating models function in high velocity environments
- Direct, Plan and Improve (DPI): to provide the candidate with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organization, with a strong and effective strategic direction.
This qualification is for existing ITIL Expert qualification holders, and those who have 17 credits with the ITIL credit scheme, wishing to develop their knowledge and application.
Important note regarding pre-course
There is mandatory pre-course work that must be undertaken prior to attending this course. It is expected that it will take approximately three to four hours to complete.
HOW YOU TAKE YOUR EXAM
The exam is taken online via remote proctor. Two weeks prior to course commencement ILX will arrange for an exam voucher to be issued. You then have a choice you can either:
Note: You are responsible for booking your own exam.
- Objective testing – multiple choice
- Duration 1 hour 30 minutes
- 40 questions
- 70% pass mark (28/40)
- Closed book