The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSSBB) certification is the most exclusive qualification for the Lean Six Sigma quality management methodology. It is the final stage of the Masters programme that will place you as an expert in implementing Lean, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Six Sigma Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control (DMAIC) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
By completing this course you will obtain 35 PDUs.
Lean Six Sigma has emerged as a popular business management strategy applied to projects globally, focusing on maximising business potential through making changes to costing, customer satisfaction and objectives. This certification is designed to help you master the combined concepts of lean and Six Sigma methodologies and demonstrate your ability to improve product quality and drive increased profits to your organisation.
21 hours of high-quality e-learning content.
There are no pre-requisites to get the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply lean concepts such as 5S, waste reduction, process mapping, value stream mapping and mistake proofing
- Apply basic and more advanced statistical analyses to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs
- Effectively manage team dynamics and understand how to work with multiple levels of leadership to remove barriers and achieve project success
- Close projects and hand over control to process owners
- Three Lean Six Sigma Black Belt simulation exams
- Six chapter-end quizzes
- Course completion certificate
12 months online access to accredited e-learning.
The following areas are covered:
- The role of a Black Belt
- Black Belt DMAIC
- Lean principles
- Lean metrics
- Statistical foundation
- Black Belt as a trainer
- Process capability
- Hypotheses tests
- Design of Experiments (DoE)
- Design for Six Sigma (DSS)
- Probability distributions
- Advanced control charts
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Stakeholder mapping
The Lean Six Sigma certificate is suitable for:
- Senior management (especially if the company intends to implement Lean Six Sigma)
- Team leaders
- Software professionals
- Project managers
- Quality assurance engineers
- Software quality assurance team members
- Management students
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam™ is a proctored exam that lasts for four hours. It can also be taken in over 8,000 registered testing centres.
It's a closed book exam with 150 questions, and could include up to 15 extra non-graded questions. The exam consists of 30 multiple choice and true/false questions from each major section of the IASSC Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Body of Knowledge.
A minimum of 580 points, out of a total of 750, is required to pass the exam.