About the course
This course covers the introductory concepts of various project management methodologies such as PMP®, Agile and Scrum and is based on the PMBOK Guide Fifth Edition. Additionally, you will learn how to create a Project schedule using Microsoft® Project 2013.
Approx two hours.
There are no pre-requisites for attending this course.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define Project, Program and Portfolio management
- Identify the role of the project management office
- Identify project constraints
- Describe different organisation structure
- Differentiate between project lifecycle and product life cycle
- List the five project management process groups
- Explain work breakdown structure
- Explain Gantt charts and network diagrams
- Describe the critical path method
- Define earned value management
- Identify different categories of risk
- Explain the different types of contract
- Explain Agile Project Management, its lifecycle and framework
- Describe the Agile Manifesto
- Define Scrum
- List Scrum history
- Give an overview of Scrum terminologies and roles
- List the best practices of Scrum
- Describe the Agile methodologies and Crystal
- Explain extreme programming, DSDM and feature driven development
- Explain the concept of Agile unified process
- Create a project using Microsoft Project 2013
- Navigate through the features of Microsoft Project 2013
- Identifying critical path using MS Project
This course is aimed at anyone who wants an introduction to various Project Management methodologies including PMP®, Agile and Scrum.
There is no formal exam associated with this course.