The ILX classroom approach to SIAM Foundation training utilises group discussions, combined with practical training to help build knowledge of SIAM.
Service Integration and Management (SIAM) is a methodology used to manage multiple service providers and to integrate them seamlessly to provide a single business-facing IT organisation. The Foundation qualification tests your knowledge and understanding of the terminology and the core principles used within SIAM.
• Introduction to service integration and management
• Service integration and management Implementation roadmap
• Service integration and management roles and responsibilities
• Service integration and management practices
• Processes to support service integration and management
• Service integration and management challenges and risks
• Service integration and management and other practices
This is an intensive three day classroom course with the Foundation exam on the afternoon of day three.
This course is aimed at individuals who have an interest in SIAM or wish to implement the SIAM methodology into an organisation.
There are no formal prerequisites for attending this course or taking the exam however it is strongly recommended that you have good knowledge of IT Service Management terminology, for instance through a recognized IT Service Management framework.
By the end of this course you should be able to demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental concepts of Service Integration and an understanding of bringing together multiple service providers to strive for a common goal, in order to support the client organisations’ agreed objectives for service delivery.
Specifically, after completing this course the participant will have knowledge of and be able to understand:
• SIAM terminology and the core principles
• SIAM benefits
• The challenges and risks of implementing SIAM
• SIAM implementation structures
• SIAM governance, tooling and data considerations
• Common processes used in a SIAM-ecosystem.
There is no formal pre-course however we ask that you familiarise yourself with the SIAM body of knowledge available here to download for free.
The format for the examination is as follows: