About the course
This five-day course conforms to the syllabus for those delegates wishing to gain both Change Management Foundation and Practitioner level qualifications. This qualification is based on the theory and application of change for the individual, change for the organisation, communication and stakeholder engagement and change management best practice. You must have successfully passed the Foundation examination prior to undertaking the Practitioner examination on the last day.
This is an intensive five-day course.
You must have successfully passed the Foundation examination prior to undertaking the Practitioner examination.
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand how individuals are impacted by change, and be able to develop strategies to help people through change
- Develop insights into how organisations work , organisational culture and the models and processes of change
- Understand the drivers of change, the change governance structures typically used in organisations and how to define a change vision
- Appreciate how to prepare people for change and support their learning and motivation to change
- Learn about the stakeholder engagement process and how to develop suitable communications strategies and plans
- Appreciate the impact of change on organisations , how to build momentum for change and sustain it
- Understand the importance of defined change roles, and how to build and support an effective change team
- Applying appropriate process frameworks to optimally plan and understand organizational change
- A range of organization paradigms with which to understand, support and sustain organizational change processes
- How to properly prepare for an organizational change initiative - such as building an effective change team and offering insights which enhance the team's performance
- Preparing people for organizational change
- How to be motivational in ways that's empathetic towards peoples' roles and personalities
- How to establish a clear framework of roles, skills and activities through which leaders can support and sustain the change process
This is an intensive five-day course, providing all you need to get through the Foundation and Practitioner examinations first time:
- All accompanying course material
- The official manual
- The cost of the APMG-International Change Management Foundation and Practitioner examinations
The Foundation and Practitioner qualification is aimed at anyone that is aspiring to become a change manager. It is also relevant to other staff involved in the change process. This could include:
- Change leaders (e.g. senior responsible owners)
- Change managers
- Portfolio managers
- Organisational development managers
- Change ‘agents’ (e.g. business change managers)
- Change implementers (e.g. programme/project managers)
- Change support (e.g. programme/project office) and operational line managers/staff
Important note regarding pre-course
There is mandatory online pre-course work that must be undertaken prior to attending this course. It is expected that it will take approximately six to eight hours to complete. You will be sent full instructions with a link to the online pre course within 48 hours of your confirmed booking. In addition, whilst attending your course there will also be some examination preparation evening work.
Review the technical requirements for the online learning here.
Foundation exam format:
- Multiple choice
- Four sections, total of 50 questions
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
The Foundation qualification is a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
Practitioner exam format:
- Objective testing
- Four questions of 20 marks each
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- Two and a half hours duration
- Restricted open book - manual and candidate guide only