Job title: Purchase Administration Assistant
Reports to: Finance Director
To provide timely document processing in line with company procedures and resolve any queries in a timely manner. To prepare payment runs for authorisation in line with company procedures. To allocate daily cash onto the sales ledger to update customer accounts.
Duties and responsibilities
To carry out the following:
- To record all invoices on the Dimensions system within 1 working day of receipt
- To match invoices against purchase orders on the system to 100% accuracy
- To raise queries with the supplier where the invoice/credit note is not in line with the purchase order value within 2 working days of receipt. Where an invoice does not have a purchase order number and the invoice has been rejected by the manager, the order will be queried with the supplier within 2 working days
- To carry out statement reconciliations for the top 10 suppliers each month and other suppliers on a rotation basis.
- To ensure the prepayment data is updated by close of business on working day one of the following month for the prepayment accrual to be raised.
- To ensure the Dimensions data for the suppliers is kept up to date with changes ensuring that the procedures for validating changes are followed.
- To produce the payment request data twice a month to meet the mid-month payment run and the end of month payment run for authorisation by the Group treasurer/FD
- To post cash onto the sales ledger accounts on a daily basis to ensure customer ledgers are up to date
- To carry out other ad hoc tasks as requested
Key Attributes and Qualities
The candidate will have the following qualifications/attributes:
- Confident telephone manner
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Customer focussed both internal and external
At month end times, there may be a requirement to work longer hours to accommodate the month end process within the timescales set.
At the half year (Dec) and year end (Jul) there may be a requirement to work longer hours to accommodate the timescales set.