POSITION: Operations Manager
REPORTING TO: Operations Director
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the provison of excellent service to ILX Group Customers and employees alike in relation to consulting and classroom based training and related services.
The role will manage a team of around six people based in Bracknell. This team is responsible for maintaining the excellent standard in all aspects of training and consulting administration to a diverse range of customers situated around the world.
This is a varied and challenging role in a professional environment where no two days are the same.
Key duties which the job holder is responsible for:
- Maintaining,developing and motivating a world class team that it responsible for ensuring that public scheduled and client specific training events and consulting interventions are delivered to the highest quality standards with the correct materials, trainers and facilities being available.
- Ensuring the provision of an effective response to verbal and written queries received from clients and internal staff in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the provision of advice, guidance and support on available training courses enlisting support from the Sales Team as appropriate.
- Liaising with delegates and departmental managers to book delegates onto training courses.
- Managing the acceptance and processing of inbound provisional course bookings through to confirmation.
- Ensuring the timely production and issuing of Joining Instructions and pre-course reading for public and corporate courses.
- Ensuring the provision of an exam booking service including the delivery of exam results and sending certificates.
- Maximising the use of internal training and consulting resources.
- Contracting with external resources as necessary to enable the delivery of events and services and managing the timely cancellation of external resources in order to avoid excess costs.
- Ensuring the careful management of the direct costs associated with delivering training events.
- Ensuring the prompt production of invoices for classroom training and consulting services and liaising closely with the finance team to facilitate end of period reconciliation processes and credit control.
- Liaising with external industry bodies to arrange examinations and assessments and ensuring that all training materials are fully compliant and accredited.
- Advertising and promoting course availability liaising with the Online Marketing Manager or client contacts as appropriate.
- Ensuring the timely creation of schedules of course dates for either public or client specific dates.
- Managing changes to course dates, venues and cancellations as appropriate.
- Sourcing 3rd party training courses as required to complement the ILX porftolio.
- Providing Management Information for public and client specific courses as required.
- Ensuring that both client and consultant trainer specific needs are considered and catered for at all times.
- Liaise with Nantwich to provide cover and ensure the best use of resources within the business.
- Fully participating in the development of the ILX Group Business as a whole.
- Provide advice and support to other teams within the ILX Group.
- Other duties as directed by the Operations Director.
KEY METRIC AREAS:
- Achievement of agreed objectives.
- Delivery against key performance indicators including examination pass rates and client satisfaction.
- Direct Cost of training contained within agreed targets.
The successful candidate will be a natural leader, well liked and respected by their team, with energy, drive and enthusiasm. They will constantly seek to improve performance and will maintain and develop high levels of cooperation with both ILX employees and their external suppliers.
Quality experience and first class results of managing the logistical aspects of fulfilment and delivery both in a service and a product environment. This will include planning and organisation, balancing competing priorities, meeting deadlines, financial abilities to include cost control and end month reporting, effective team management.
Use of software including Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Ideally familiar with the use of database packages.
The role holder will demonstrate qualities of consistency, accuracy, attention to detail and tenacity. Thery must be self-motivated with good organisational skills and a personality that will fit into the diverse existing team. In addition, they must also fit well within the wider ILX management team and be able to operate interdependently; this will include the ability to operate in a fast moving and challenging environment, deliver to tight deadlines and the ability to identify and resolve problems at all stages. An independent thinker with the capacity to look outside the box occasionally.
- Special Requirements (e.g. hours, languages):
Training and consulting delivery takes place throughout the world and challenges occasionally arise in the evening or weekend. The role holder must be prepared to provide occasional support to remote trainers, consultants and clients outside of normal office hours.