Business Development Manager, ILX Group
The role of a BDM is a vital part of the ILX corporate strategy which is to grow the business in the UK as well as contributing to our success internationally.
You will work from our head office, Fetter Lane, London or our office in Nantwich, Cheshire.
You will develop business within your given territory from your own endeavours with the support of marketing lead generation.
You must plan and deliver persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with ILX through our range of service offerings. You must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
You are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new learning solutions and services to clients. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the BDM's responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to ILX. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services ILX can provide, and our competitors.
You will have vertical sector responsibility in addition to specified accounts outside that area as designated by the Head of Sales.
- Prospect for potential new clients and convert this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your vertical territory to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Selling the whole range of ILX services including: e-learning, classroom learning, ILX Academy, PMO Solutions and consultancy
- Proposal writing
- Responding to RFIs and RFPs / Tenders
- Designing and delivering high impact presentations one to one or to a wider
- Managing relationships at all levels in the account development process
- Negotiating viable packages that protect margins
- Team working on account management
- Maintaining specified Quality Management procedures and standards
- Planning and organising by prioritising activities
- Working with the marketing department to develop initiatives to increase sales
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of designated accounts, key contacts, clients' businesses
- Continual commitment to learning: company products and services, business partners, attendance at courses and team meetings, the market, the competition
- Taking responsibility for and managing personal development
- Supplying management information as specified by your manager
- Providing leads, referrals and intelligence to colleagues
Key Performance Indicators
- GP per month
- Total value of new opportunities created per month (GP)
- Number of proposals sent per month (No. & GP value)
- Number of meetings per month (No.)
- Pipeline value and management
Relations with clients
You will need to demonstrate the highest level of professional consultative selling at all time - responding in the most appropriate way to client needs and presenting suitable solutions which are designed to meet clients' business objectives.